Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Introduction to New Music

So for this post here, I'm gonna introduce you guys to some music you may have not heard before. They are all by theatre actors, and most are a part of different solo albums. I hope I can broaden your musical horizons.



The first song I'd like to show you is Runnin' Out Of Days, by Shoshana Bean for her soon to be released album. Often described as 'a fresh take on vintage soul', it's worth a listen.



The second is called Beautiful Eyes, written by one of my personal idols Alice Ripley. In my opinion, the song has a bit of a bluesy feel.



From Funny Girl, sung by the incomparable Barbra Streisand-Don't Rain On My Parade is a classic. If you haven't heard it sung on Glee, I recommend listening.



I've talked about Kerry Ellis in one of my previous posts. Brilliantly talented British theatre actress, recently released a solo album. This song is called Dangerland, and it's one of my favorites.














No comments:

Post a Comment