Saturday, November 17, 2012

Romeo and Juliet-My Experiences

So I know it's not 'official Broadway stuff' like my blog states, but I want to share about my production of Romeo and Juliet. First of all-when the drama club announced that we were doing this play, I was pretty excited. As far as regular plays go, this is one I was the most familiar with. So I decided to audition.

I absolutely knew I would not get a speaking role (there were only four female speaking parts and the upperclassman get first priority), but I gave it all I had. I auditioned for Lady Capulet, Juliet's mother-and I felt like I did a decent job. As was expected-I was casted the chorus, and I wasn't disappointed because I knew it was coming.

Anyway-the whole journey has been somewhat surreal and astonishing. Our rehearsal schedule was somewhat wacky-Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 6:45-9:30 at night-with the top cast having even more practices. It was very tiring some times, but I had a lot of fun.

This last week has been pretty tiring. It's production week or as we call it-"Hell Week". Final dresses on Monday and Tuesday from 6:30-10:30, and shows Wenesday night, Thirsday night, Friday morning and night from 5:30-20:45. Needless to say I'm a bit tired. Our drama club had a sleepover at school after Friday's show, and I haven't slept in over 24 hours.

We have a night show tonight, and a matinee tomorrow. Hopefully they'll go well. It's been a process, but our drama club is truly amazing and filled with extremely talented actors. I'll miss the show, Romeo and Juliet is a classic and a great one to do for my first high school production. But...auditions for Oklahoma are in a month so I won't have to miss drama for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment